SUBJECT: Released Time —Classified
- Board Policy
The Board recognizes the need for guidelines relating to the absence of classified personnel to engage in activities within employee agent groups. The Administration is directed to administer guidelines for released time for classified personnel for employee agent activities.
- Administration Policy
The following policy will be administered for released time for classified personnel employee agent group activities:
- The president of the employee agent group may be released as outlined in Policy A5B—NEG – Released Time for Classified Employee Agent Group President.
- No employee shall be given approval for release from his/her duties for activities unless the release is requested in advance in writing by the employee agent group and approved in writing by the Superintendent or designee. All duties performed by employees on paid employee agent leave must directly benefit the District.
- No employee other than the employee agent group president (see Policy A5B—NEG) involved in Association activities that do not directly benefit the District shall be given approval for released time in excess of five (5) days in any one school year.
- The appropriate salary and benefit costs for employees granted released time for activities including those that do not directly benefit the District shall be assessed to the employee agent group. This will be accomplished through remittance of such fees to the District from the respective employee agent group.
- Leave records with associated costs will be on file in the Human Resources Department.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home