SUBJECT: Released Time for Licensed Employee Agent Group President
- Board Policy
The Board authorizes the release of the licensed employee agent group president as specified below and directs the Administration to allow such absences according to the following provisions:
- Administration Policy
The following guidelines shall be followed in administering this policy:
- The employee agent group president, when serving on a full-time or half-time basis, will be released from his/her teaching position for the equivalent amount of time. The employee agent will reimburse the District the comparable salary and benefits for such released time.
- The released-time president will declare by February 1 whether it is his/her intention to return to the teaching assignment previously held. If so, at the completion of his/her term of office, the employee agent group president will be returned to the school building where previously assigned. The assignment will be in the major and/or minor field of certification. The right of return will not include reassignment of extra curricular or appointed positions previously held.
- The right of return to the same position will exist for a maximum of two (2) years. If a request is made for a second two-year period, the president will be guaranteed a return to the District in a position for which he/she is qualified. The return after four (4) years may not necessarily be in the same building which the president left.
- If appropriate, the individual(s) replacing the released-time president will be advised that the placement is for a limited term.
- Time served as released president will be counted for purposes of experience credit on the District salary schedule. The released president will accrue all sick leave, personal leave and other leave allowed by District policy.
If the employee agent group president is not serving on a full-time or half-time basis, the following provisions will apply:
- The employee agent shall be allowed up to twenty-five (25) days per year for its president to perform employee agent business.
- The employee agent shall pay appropriate salary and benefit costs for days used up to twenty-five (25) days.
- For continuity of the teaching programs, the same substitute shall be used whenever possible.
- The normal notification procedure used for substitutes shall be followed.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home