SUBJECT: Community Emergency Management Programs
I. Board Directive
Recognizing the need for emergency preparedness planning, the Board authorizes District participation with community
leaders and emergency management agencies. These programs shall be planned to accomplish
- Extend the local
community the greatest possible protection
and assistance in times of
emergency or disaster.
- Provide protection
and preservation of District properties.
- Provide leadership assistance, as local and state authorities
avoid panic or confusion in the event of an attack or
- Comply with state rule R277-400 School Emergency Response Plan.
II. Administrative Policy
The responsibility for coordinating emergency preparedness activities within the District shall be delegated to the Administrator of Auxiliary Services and/or designee. Working with directors and school principals, the Administrator of Auxiliary Services shall direct the planning and conduct of emergency preparedness programs
- The Administrator of Auxiliary Services will obtain mutual agreements with local, county, state and federal agencies for the use of any Jordan School District facilities in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Principals shall be responsible for conducting in-service training
programs for teachers and appropriate orientation programs for
- Principals shall work closely with the PTA and other civic groups in correlating school and community emergency preparedness procedures.
- The District emergency preparedness program shall be planned and conducted in accordance with guidelines established by state, county and local agencies.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home