SUBJECT: Use of School Property and Equipment
It is the policy of the Board to comply with all laws and regulations governing the use of school property, facilities and equipment. Responsibility is delegated to the District Administration to develop policies and procedures that (1) prohibit private use of school property, facilities, and equipment for personal gain; and (2) restrict schools from competing with private enterprise except for the purpose of providing students with practical training in applied technology courses.
II. Administrative Policy
The following administraive policy provisions shall govern the
school and District properties, facilities and equipment:
- School property and facilities shall not be made available for use by individuals or organizations outside the school system except as specified under Policy DA151—Use of Public School Buildings and Grounds as Civic Centers, which governs non-school use of all District facilities. All use of District property and facilities for other than school purposes must be conducted through the approved rental process, in accordance with District policy and the Facility Rental Guidelines.
- School and District equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines,
and other technical equipment, shall be operated only by authorized personnel
for education-related purposes.
- Copy machines may not be
used for any volume work that is not school or
Employees may use District copy machines to make a
five (5) copies for non-school use provided the copies are
outside of contract hours and paid for at the standard commercial
- Employees shall not produce personal
materials using school or District equipment without express authorization
from the principal or immediate supervisor.
- All authorized personal use of equipment by employees shall take
outside of regular contract hours.
- Employees shall pay for any materials used at standard commercial
- Equipment and materials may not be used for personal gain.
District-licensed computer programs for personal use is prohibited. (Refer to Policy DE 505—Acceptable Use of Copyrighted Materials in Jordan School District. Personal use of District-owned computer peripherals to copy computer programs is also prohibited.
- School and District equipment shall not be removed from the site where
it is inventoried unless the item was specifically purchased for use at multiple
off-campus locations; i.e., portable computers.
- Use of items purchased for use in multiple off-campus locations shall be monitored by the building administrator following strict "check-out/check-in" procedures. These items shall only be used for District/school education-related purposes.
- Any transfer or loan of equipment among schools shall be authorized in advance by the Area Administrator of Schools, monitored on school inventories, and fixed asset transfer procedures followed.
- Circulation of films, videotapes, DVDs and other instructional
support materials housed in the District Instructional Media Center
shall be limited to Jordan District schools and other qualifying
- Equipment in
the District Instructional Support Center shall
be used solely for the
production of school and District instructional
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home