SUBJECT: School Vandalism and Burglaries
I. Board Policy
The Board is vitally interested in the maintenance and
safeguarding of school buildings and property. Responsibility is delegated
to the District Administration to develop policies and procedures that will
1) deter acts of vandalism and school burglary, 2) assist law enforcement
officers in the identification and apprehension of persons who willfully damage
property, steal school materials, and gain illegal entry into school premises,
and 3) promote respect for public facilities.
II. Administration Policy
Direct responsibility for this phase of school operation
shall be delegated to the Administrator of Auxiliary Services. The maintenance and safeguarding of school buildings and property is a shared
responsibility of school administrators, licensed personnel, and classified
employees. All District personnel shall work cooperatively in protecting school
- Principals, in cooperation with classroom teachers, shall conduct instructional
activities designed to promote a respect for public facilities. Such activities
shall be considered a part of the crime prevention program and part of citizenship
- Principals, teachers, and members of the custodial staff shall take precautions
to discourage thefts, acts of vandalism and burglaries. Precautionary measures
shall include the following:
- The careful distribution and accounting
- The closing and locking of designated
doors and windows
- Adequate lighting
- The current banking of school monies
- The practice of not keeping cash in
- Other essential practices as determined
by the administration
- In the event of burglaries, thefts, or vandalism to school property, the
school principal or his/her representative shall take the following action:
- Notify Alarm Response (801)567-8865.
- Notify the local Police Department.
- Complete a vandalism work order on the online work order system (Sprocket) within 24 hours.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home