SUBJECT: Evaluation of Classified Personnel
- Board Directive
The Board recognizes the need for periodic evaluation of all District personnel. This evaluation shall be conducted by each employee's immediate supervisor. The primary purpose of the evaluation shall be to assist each employee to improve his/her performance in his/her individual assignment. The Board delegates the responsibility for the classified evaluations to the Administration.
- Administrative Policy
The following provisions shall be used for administering the evaluation policy:
- The purposes of the evaluation are: (1) to assess and improve the personal and professional growth of each employee and thus insure a higher quality of service, and (2) to provide a basis for necessary administrative decisions.
- The Jordan Classified Evaluation System (JCES) is the District’s tool for conducting evaluations of contract classified employees.
- Evaluation is an ongoing process. Suggestions and constructive criticism should take place whenever the need arises. Written evaluation forms shall be completed for all first year provisional classified employees prior to the end of each six-month period of the first year. Beyond the first year of employment, contract classified employees shall be evaluated annually, or more often if deemed necessary by the principal or administrator.
- An essential part of the evaluation is a conference between the contract classified employee and his/her immediate supervisor. The purpose of the conference is to review areas of commendation or areas of concern and suggest goals for improvement. Following the conference the contract classified employee shall sign the evaluation form indicating that a conference had been held and the evaluation form had been reviewed with him/her. Signing the form does not necessarily indicate agreement.
- This evaluation shall be completed and one (1) copy shall be sent to the Human Resources Specialist, one (1) copy retained by the immediate supervisor, and one (1) copy given to the contract classified employee. No changes in this evaluation will be made after the conference unless mutually agreed upon by the supervisor and employee.
- If the District intends to terminate a contract during its term or discontinue a contract classified employee’s contract beyond the current school year for reasons of unsatisfactory performance, the unsatisfactory performance must be documented in at least two (2) evaluations conducted at any time within the preceding three (3) years.
- Expunging items from classified employee records
- Employees may request to have a memorandum expunged from their individual employee files under the following conditions:
- Five (5) or more years have elapsed since the memorandum was placed in the file.
- The employee's work performance has been satisfactory from the time the memorandum was placed in the file.
- The employee's immediate supervisor and Human Resources Department administrator agree to the expungement.
- Evaluation reports and other items which are part of the permanent employee record shall not be expunged.
- Probation reports and negative evaluations older than five (5) years with no repeat violation as defined by DP 316B—Orderly Termination Procedures - Classified, shall not be considered in employee eligibility for promotion or transfer.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home