SUBJECT: Leave of Absence (1 Year)—Licensed
- Board Directive
The Board recognizes that there are times when employees could benefit from a year's leave of absence. This leave could be used for any purpose which is substantially different from the employee's current job assignment or duties but may not be used to enable an employee to take similar employment with another district, company, organization, etc., within the State of Utah. A leave of absence of up to one (1) year may be granted upon recommendation of the employee's supervisor and approval by the Human Resources Department.
- Administrative Policy
The following administrative policy provisions shall be followed in implementing Board directive:
- Requests for a leave of absence must be submitted on the Request for Leave of Absence form to the immediate supervisor at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of the anticipated leave. All designated information must be provided. The leave cannot extend beyond one (1) contract year.
- Employees will not receive salary or fringe benefits while on leave of absence. Health and accident insurance may be purchased through the district under the COBRA option. The cost will be 102 percent of the established premium rate.
- The immediate supervisor will recommend approval of the request and submit in writing both his/her recommendation and the employee's request to the Human Resources Department for District approval.
- The employee will be notified in writing of approval of the leave and at the end of the leave will be placed in the first available opening for which he/she is qualified and licensed.
- This leave shall not apply to provisional employees in their first and second years of employment, except in cases of illness or injury.
- This leave will not be granted in successive years.
- On a case by case basis, as determined by the Administrator of Human Resources, an employee may apply to substitute.
- This leave does not provide experience credit for salary placement or change from provisional status.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home