SUBJECT: Hours of Work—Licensed
I. Board Directive
The Board recognizes that the length of working days varies for different categories of employees. The Board delegates to the District Administration the responsibility for establishing the length of the work day and determining the working hours for all employees.
II. Administrative Policy
The immediate supervisor or school principal shall have the responsibility of scheduling the hours of work for individual employees to conform to the requirements within each position. This will be done within the following administrative policy provisions:
- Licensed personnel assigned to the local schools are expected to be at school at least one-half hour before school begins and to remain at school at least one-half hour after school is dismissed. Licensed personnel working in team-teaching schools with compressed schedules shall be at the school a comparable number of hours as those assigned to other schools.
- Licensed personnel working on a part-time basis will have their hours determined by the school principal or immediate supervisor in cooperation with the Administrator of Human Resources and approved by the Superintendent.
- Itinerant licensed personnel assigned to the various local schools shall work a number of hours comparable to other licensed personnel.
- Licensed personnel may not perform work for or receive compensation from another employer during contract time with Jordan School District.
- Hours of work that job share and part-time employees are required to spend on assignments such as parent/teacher conferences, committee work, faculty meetings, etc. shall be prorated by the percentage of a full-time contract.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home