SUBJECT: Attendance Incentive—Licensed
- Board Policy
The Board recognizes that it is in the best interest of students to have employees on the job each contract day, and delegates to the administration responsibility for administering an Attendance Incentive policy for qualifying employees.
- Administration Policy
The Attendance Incentive policy shall be administered according to the following guidelines:
- Funds recouped for “no pay” days, based on average salary less the cost of substitutes, shall be distributed to those employees paid on teacher salary schedules whose sick leave, personal leave, or “no pay” days during the contract year total between 0-2 days when rounded upward. These funds shall be distributed according to the following guidelines:
- Employees must complete a full contract year to be eligible.
- Only those employees eligible for fringe benefits can be the recipients of this program.
- Payment will be made on the regular July check based upon “no pay” days used from July through June.
- The following method will be used for calculating the dollar value of this incentive for each eligible employee:
- Employees will be assigned a point value based on the total number of absences according to the following:
No absences 5.5 points
One absence 3.0 points
Two absences 1.5 points
- Total funds available shall be divided by the total points earned, which shall result in a dollar value per point.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home