SUBJECT: Alternative Leave Day—Licensed
- Board Directive
It is the directive of the Board to allow eligible licensed employees an alternative leave day each year and authorizes the Administration to implement a policy for an alternative leave day for licensed employees.
- Administrative Policy
The alternative leave policy shall be administered according to the following administrative policy provisions:
- Each eligible licensed employee shall be allowed one (1) day of alternative leave per year.
- Employees taking alternative leave shall be required to pay the cost of a long-term substitute.
- Alternative leave is non-accumulative.
- Employees shall give at least one day's notice of the intent to take alternative leave.
- Alternative leave may not be used during parent/teacher conferences, on a contract day prior to the first day of school, or during the first five or last five days of the school year.
- Alternative leave may not be used the day before or after a personal leave day is taken.
- Alternative leave may not be used to seek other employment.
These policies have been developed and
approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education for exclusive
use within Jordan School District. Any use by a person or organization
outside of Jordan School District is not authorized by the school district.
Jordan School District bears no responsibility for such unauthorized
use or adaptation of the policies of Jordan School District. Any party
copying or revising these policies for its own use does so at its own
risk and responsibility as to applicability and legal sufficiency.
Foreward | Alphabetical Policy Listing | Index by Policy Categories | Index by Policy Number | Jordan District Home